Wayne County, IN Sheriff's Office
Jail Hiring Process
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 year of age.
- Must have eyesight correctable to 20/50.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Indiana drivers license.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- Must have no involvement with illegal drugs & pass a drug screen.
- Online application
- Oral interview
- Background investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological examination
- Drug Screen
- The timed written multiple choice test is a position-specific test.
- The interview is a structured oral interview with procedures that evaluate the interpersonal and reasoning skills of applicants using standardized methods, developed and directed by an Indianapolis based management consulting firm.
- The interview will be conducted at the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office using officers of various ranks as members of the interview team.
Inmate Money |
About Us |
Media Reports |
Contact us at (765) 973-9393