Wayne County, IN Sheriff's Office
The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., (CALEA®) was created in 1979 as a credentialing authority through the joint efforts of law enforcement's major executive associations:
The purpose of CALEA’s Accreditation Programs is to improve the delivery of public safety services, primarily by: maintaining a body of standards, developed by public safety practitioners, covering a wide range of up-to-date public safety initiatives; establishing and administering an accreditation process; and recognizing professional excellence.
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE)
- National Sheriffs' Association (NSA)
- Police Executive Research Forum (PERF)
Specifically, CALEA’s goals are to:
- Strengthen crime prevention and control capabilities
- Formalize essential management procedures
- Establish fair and nondiscriminatory personnel practices
- Improve service delivery
- Solidify inter-agency cooperation and coordination
- Increase community and staff confidence in the agency
Today, NCCHC's leadership in setting standards for health services in correctional facilities is widely recognized. Established by the health, legal and corrections professions, NCCHC's Standards present recommendations for the management of a correctional health services system. Written in separate volumes for prisons, jails and juvenile confinement facilities, plus a manual for mental health services and another for opioid treatment programs, the Standards cover the areas of care and treatment, health records, administration, personnel and medical-legal issues. These essential resources have helped correctional and detention facilities improve the health of their inmates and the communities to which they return, increase the efficiency of health services delivery, strengthen organizational effectiveness and reduce the risk of adverse legal judgments.
Building on that foundation, NCCHC offers a broad array of services and resources to help correctional health care systems provide efficient, high-quality care.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR JAIL OPERATIONS - PROACTIVE JAIL DEFENSE
- NIJO is committed to providing the best resources available to make jails safer, more secure and protect against liability and adverse publicity.
- NIJO offers legal-based services and resources to best serve the sheriffs and jail administrators across the country operate constitutionally safe jails.
- Legal-Based Jail Guidelines
- NSA Jail Certification
- Self Audit and Assessments
- Verification Inspections
- Model Policy and Procedure
- Jail Resources and Legal-Based Solution
About Us |
Media Reports |
Contact us at (765) 973-9393